Monday, February 27, 2012

A Sunday Wishlist

It is Sunday night. I have lukewarm sweet tea on my nightstand and moonlight is trickling in through my curtains like bath water. And since the thought of doing any school work makes me hyperventilate and I can't finish the scene I'm working on until my sister comes back in forty five minutes, I figured that I'd just make a wishlist. It'll include books, of course, films, and other things that I've had my greedy little eyes on.
One book that I've really been wanting is The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. The cover is beautiful. The title is beautiful. And it sounds like a beautiful story. Here's a summary: Elisa is the chosen one. But she i s also the younger of two princesses, the one who has never done anything remarkable. She can't see how she ever will.Now, on her sixteenth birthday, she has become the secret wife of a handsome and worldly king—a king whose country is in turmoil. A king who needs the chosen one, not a failure of a princess. And he's not the only one who seeks her. Savage enemies seething with dark magic are hunting her. A daring, determined revolutionary thinks she could be his people's savior. And he looks at her in a way that no man has ever looked at her before. Soon it is not just her life, but her very heart that is at stake. Elisa could be everything to those who need her most. If the prophecy is fulfilled. If she finds the power deep within herself. If she doesn't die young. Most of the chosen do. (Is it just me, or does that sound really good?)

I'd also really like a pair of these socks. I feel like they would be the perfect thing to keep my feet warm on day where snow crystals are falling down like cosmic dust and my floorboards are cold and I'm wrapped up beneath my blankets, watching Where the Wild Things Are for the fifth time. I also love mustard yellow. I'm not sure why, there's just something so cozy about it. Also, milk and honey bath salts and some lacy things to sleep in. Oh, how I want them so much.
Another thing that I would love to receive on my doorstep would be Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago in vinyl. Although I love their newest album equally as much, I think it makes more sense to start with the first one. Guys. If you have yet to grace your ears with the magical thing that is Bon Iver: do it. Now. I went and saw them in concert on December 6th of last year and it was one of the best days I've ever had. It was so magical. Everything seemed so slow and hazy, like a dream. We were all drenched in pale blue light and we looked like nymphs, swimming through the air like it was water. Justin Vernon is my dream man. Even if he isalready balding. If you're not sure which song to check out first, I suggest: Skinny Love, Creature Fear, Roslyn (featuring St. Vincent: this one was on the Twilight soundtrack), Holocene, Towers, and Minnesota, WI.

No comments:

Post a Comment