Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Iron King - Review

Review: The Iron King - Julie Kagawa
Release Date: February 1, 2010
Age Group: Young Adult
Page Numbers: 368
Rating: ★★★★★

     Meghan Chase has a secret destiny—one she could never have imagined…


    Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.

   When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

    But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.



   I actually loved this book. Julie Kagawa really did an amazing job at crafting a character that I could actually allow myself to care for. Meghan was an awesome character, she was strong, independent, but she still had feelings. It wasn't like absolutely nothing got to her, so she seemed real. I loved her. 

   I was blown away, and considering I didn'
 
t have expectations (It was the first fairy book I read) I loved it even more. 
    
    It was an exceptional debut from Julie. She constructed an immensely compelling group of characters, all the way from Ethan to Ash to Puck to Grimalkin. I adored them all! I'm not lying when I say that there wasn't a single dull moment in this novel! There was always some sort of struggle, which I loved :) Every time you thought something was okay, something else would pop up. Not to mention that this author is amazing at painting a scene and still fitting in dialogue.


  I suggest whole heartedly that you pick up your own copy of this 5 STAR book! :)


xoxo, until next time.


5 comments:

  1. Awesome review!! I've heard this one is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I'm going to put this one on my library list now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls!
    I totally recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... this is an awesome book to be your first fearie book. Now you will have to read Wings by Aprilynne Pike.

    Here is my review: http://lll808.blogspot.com/2010/04/iron-king-iron-fey1-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree! This was my first fey book as well, and I loved it! Grimalkin is basically awesome sauce. And you hit the nail on the head when you said there wasn't a dull moment! It was hard to put down because there was always something going on!

    ReplyDelete